Barn Love

Monday, May 5, 2014

Lime & Garlic Fajita Marinade




It's Cinco de Mayo!! We LOVE LOVE LOVE Mexican food here at the coop, so this day is a reason to pig out!


One of the dishes that we enjoy are fajitas, and this marinade is so easy! Here's the recipe:


Ingredients:

¼ c. lime juice
⅓ c. water
3 tsp. vinegar ( I used apple cider)
2 tbsp. vegetable oil
2 garlic cloves (I use a tablespoon of pre-chopped)
1 tsp. salt (I use sea salt)
2 tsp. soy sauce (low sodium)
½ tsp. chili powder
½ tsp. cayenne pepper
½ tsp. liquid smoke - you might be tempted to skip this, but don't!!
½ tsp. onion powder
¼ tsp. black pepper


All that you do is decide which type of meat you would like to fill your fajitas with and pour this mixture over it. The longer it can marinade the better. We use chicken - I'm sure that steak would work fine too.

*Cook's Tip*

To make the lime easier to juice, put it in the microwave for 5-10 seconds, and then roll it on the counter. This makes the juice easier to squeeze!

I can't wait for farmer boy to get home from work and grill up this chicken! I serve it with fresh chips and salsa, grilled peppers and onions, rice and perhaps I'll get creative and make some fried ice cream!


¡Buen provecho!  (Enjoy your meal!)

No comments:

Post a Comment